Transforming your life seems like a massive overwhelming prospect but if we don’t make it so fucking hard and just focus on taking small, daily, seemingly insignificant action…It will happen!
A couple life changing books on this subject include The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy and The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson.
- “By the time you get the feedback, the real work’s already done”
- “A simple error in judgement, compounded over time, will take you down and out.”
- “What you do matters. What you do today matters. What you do everyday matters”
- “Successful people just do the things that seem to make no difference in the act of doing them and they do them over and over and over until the compound effect kicks in.”
So if we just have to do small, seemingly insignificant things to be successful, Why don’t we do them? Because when things are easy to do, They are also easy not to do!
The compound effect or slight edge is always in effect. It’s just a matter of whether it’s working for you or against you.
The upside to having 15-20 years of experience under your belt is that you have already proven what doesn’t work. By simply making careful, conscious “Halftime Adjustments” we can start changing the direction of our lives.
Let’s just simply be aware of the choices, decisions and actions that we’ve made in the past that have led us to where we are today and let’s consciously choose the small, daily consistent actions, and decisions and habits that we need to have moving forward.
- Choose one small area of your life that you want to change first.
- For the next 21 days, track every decision and action that affects this one area of your life.
- Implement some form of reminder system that will remind you throughout the day to track these things. You could use a reminder smart phone app or just simply set an alarm for every few hours.
- Bonus: Also build in a reminder of your “Why”. It could be just a picture of your family or your dream house, It could be a note or audio recording from you to you reminding you of what’s at stake…whatever you need to keep you inspired and tied to your “Big Why”.
*Warning* Don’t fucking blow this off!
That’s what the old “average” you would do. that’s why you are not living the life of your dreams right now. Follow through, do this exercise, take action!
Remember if you do what you’ve always done, You’ll get what you’ve always gotten!
Listen, Learn and Implement!
If you want lesson recaps and action steps for every episode sent directly to your inbox, Sign up for the email list